Monday, June 27, 2011

Herb Gardening

Early in the spring this year I completely renovated our garden hardscape and created an herb garden. I have bee balm, lemon balm, oregano, stevia, dill, parsley, basil, onion, garlic, chives, and cilantro. All of it is doing quite well except the cilantro. (I think I got it into the ground a little too late.)



 To the left is a still shot of my herb garden earlier this year. I'll post it in case you don't have time to watch the short video clip above.

I'm going to plant some ginger now that I've learned that it can be grown in a pot in Zone 6 and carried indoors during the winter months. See http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/herb/growing-ginger.htm for how-tos on growing ginger in your area.

I harvested some stevia today to use as a natural sweetener for ginger lemon tea. I'll share the recipe in the next post. But for today, here is a link to where you can learn how to grow and harvest and use stevia: http://lafermedesourrou.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment