Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cooking with Family

One of my fondest memories about my childhood is the time I spent in the kitchen with my mom and grandmother (now age 95). As a young mom, my daughter was also a member of the kitchen staff both at home and at her grandmother's and great-grandmother's. It thrills me that this tradition is continuing in my daughter's kitchen now that she is a mom. I was invited over for a kitchen craft day with her and her son this week. Here are some of the things we made: I especially love the gingerbread sock monkey my daughter made.



Here's the little apprentice chef busy at work:




This is the gingerbread the house we made. Hansel is alone with the witch now since the smallest chef ate Gretel.

Since this is my second year to participate in this marathon cook off, it is now an annual event that I enjoy immensely and look forward to each holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment