Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Fairy Nice Resort

I got this idea from someone on Pinterest and had to make my own. I had a clay flower pot that was cracked so I tapped it with a hammer and chisel to create a larger surface for fairy "real estate." The glass "rocks" came from Dollar Tree store. Since it is early in the spring season, Home Depot had a limited choice of outdoor plants. I got a pansy to drape over the front of the cracked pot, a strawberry to trail off the back, hens and chicks for shrubbery, and aloe plants for trees. By the way, these are all safe if ingested, which is a great thing since my grandsons will probably find this creation irresistible.


Here it is from the side view.I brought it inside because the overnight temperatures are still in the 50s. The aloe plant would appreciate a warmer climate so I'll have to move it in each night until the weather stays warm at night. I don't mind; I get to see it more often! And, it makes a nice centerpiece for the dining table.


No comments:

Post a Comment