Thursday, August 16, 2012

Living Room Redo

We wanted to repaint our living room for several years now but choosing a paint color and getting the inspiration for design kept holding me back--the actual labor of such a chore was also a factor. A few weeks ago I was writing in a journal my daughter gave me and noticed how lovely the pumpkin and teal are together. Kind of has a retro vibe yet modern too. So I had my inspiration. Next I had to convince my husband that these colors would turn out well and not darken the room too much.



 Here is the before photo. Very light and airy in 2008 when we installed the cutouts and the paint was still somewhat new. But the paint color was fading and showing wear, especially on the lower part.
BEFORE


AFTER














I'm not sure why it matters if a room is dark. We have lamps and electricity!The color is so vibrant in daytime and warm in the evenings.

I'll post more photos of the rest of the room tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, the blue is called Intense Teal SG 490 by Behr. The pumpkin color is marmalade glaze UL120-B

No comments:

Post a Comment