Monday, July 11, 2011

Cloth Toddler Training Pants

I'm trying out two new things with this post. One, I'm making training pants for my toddler grandsons, and two, I'm posting this from my iphone! I love technology!



So here is the inside of the training pant. You can see it is made from a 6-ply prefold diaper.









This is the outside. I wish I could rotate the photo so it faces front, but learning to do that on my iphone will be my research project another day.









I stuffed it with a plastic bag just to get it to stand up so I can show the leg holes and side flaps where I plan to add velcro, which is cheaper than the hammer-on snaps I plan to use once I perfect my technique and know the garment will fit the boys.



Here is a photo of the velcro added. I gave it plenty of room for adjustment and know the waist will fit. I wish I had my two-year-old grandsons here to try this on for functionality regarding the leg opening. I added elastic to help hold in the yucky stuff that toddlers are prone to produce and carry in their pants—that is until mommy discovers the bomb.



Now compare this creation to the plain old white ones you can buy in the store. The tot must wear rubber pants with either but the designer ones are much cuter.

2 comments:

  1. what app did you use on the iphone? i've researched several but can't find one i'm totally in love with enough to spend money to purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Camera+ and it was $1.99. It has everything I need to work with editing photos on my iphone directly from camera roll. Love it! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id329670577?mt=8

    ReplyDelete