Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Herbitoire: Echinacea

I have at least a dozen types of herbs growing in my garden. Until last year, I only sought them for their beauty, but his year I seem to be on a health kick and have found many of these treasures very beneficial for detoxing and strengthening the immune system. I'd like to share my "herbitoire" with you and tell what each one is used for. I'll do this in a series of videos as we tour my garden day by day.

The first one is for echinacea, which is a botanical immune system stimulant with a very good long-studied safety record. Part of the daisy family, it is great for treating bacterial, fungal, or viral infection. It is also a blood purifier for spider or snakebites as it speed rejuvenation of new tissue.



I bought a book titled An Herbalist's Guide to Growing & Using Echinacea by Kathleen Brown to learn more about this immune-boosting plant. You'll also find information about echinacea at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinacea.

No comments:

Post a Comment